Artistic experimentation has driven the popularity of pouring acrylic colors. Golden Color Pouring Medium Matte opens the door to new creative possibilities, allowing artists to create pours with a velvety matte surface. Color Pouring Medium Gloss also known as GAC 800 is an excellent medium for creating glossy pours of acrylic colors. In addition to extending colors for pouring, this versatile medium is useful for improving adhesion to chalky surfaces like plaster or weathered paint.
Tips for use:
- Gently mix 10 parts Golden Color Pouring Medium Gloss or Matte with 1 part acrylic color, allow mixture to sit covered (ideally overnight) to eliminate air bubbles.
- Pour close to the surface to reduce air bubbles.
- Paintings may need to dry for a few days before moving. Do not pour thicker than 1/8” (3mm) or attempt to accelerate drying.
- Does not craze or crack
- Designed to be poured in layers or puddles
- 100% acrylic medium
- High acrylic solids and reduced water content
- Matte or glossy uniform surface
- Use to adjust transparency or opacity
- Acrylic paint
- Dirty pour
- Flip cup pour
- Multiple color pour
- Adhesion to chalky surfaces
Color Pouring Medium may craze, but this is usually the result of too much paint being added and in turn, countering the acrylic solids level or the pour has been applied in too thick of a layer.
This medium retains a slight cloudy quality making it a poor choice as a clear top coat or even transparent color layer.