- Liquitex-Matte Acrylic Varnish. There are many misconceptions about whether or not it is necessary to varnish an acrylic painting. As a general rule, you should always varnish your acrylic work when possible. Varnishes are applied over dry paint films and have several purposes. The first and most important function is to protect the painting surface from the environment and protect the pigments from ultraviolet light. Secondly, varnishes can be used to change or unify a painting’s surface sheen. Liquitex varnishes come in several different sheens, which can all be intermixed for a customized sheen. This package contains 8oz/237mL of Matte Varnish. Conforms to ASTM D4236. Imported.
Liquitex Matte Acrylic Varnish – 8oz
- Liquitex Matte Acrylic Varnish – 8oz
- 100% acrylic polymer varnish that is water-soluble when wet and has good chemical and water-resistance when dry.
- It dries to a non-tacky, hard, flexible surface that is resistant to retention of dirt. It can be applied on any acrylic painted, rigid surface
– canvas, paper, wood, stone, Plexiglas and more.
- It is not for use over oil paint. Varnish is flexible, archival, non-yellowing and good for interior and exterior use.
6 in stock